The name meaning of Penelokan village comes from the existence of a very nice village used as a place to see the mount Batur and Lake Batur. Penelokan in Balinese means "place to see" or Balinese often say "nelokin" or "see".
From Penelokan, the beauty of Lake Batur will appear clearly. If you want to enjoy the sunrise that appears between Batur volcano and Lake Batur, then you can arrive early. But try to come when the sky is not foggy so that the sun rises you can see.
Around the Penelokan highway, there are many restaurants that you can visit to see Batur volcano and Lake Batur while relaxing and enjoy your favorite dishes. You can also visit Kintamani's restaurant during the day for lunch.
Things to do at Penelokan KintamaniThere are many things you can do in Penelokan, such as:
- See the natural scenery of Mount Batur and Lake Batur in the morning until late afternoon,
- Tasted the food and drinks in the restaurant,
- Learn about Mount Batur and Kintamani nature at Batur Global Geopark Museum,
- Stay and relax at the hotel along Penelokan highway,
- Buy Kintamani dogs that are sold around the main Spot of Penelokan.
Access and FacilitiesAccess to Penelokan is very adequate. You need to be careful when you enter Penelokan highway, this is because almost along Penelokan highway crowded by vehicles and tourists. But you do not worry, here have been assigned some police officers who always manage traffic, especially at the intersection near the main spot.
To make it easier for you to reach the main spot of Penelokan, whoisbali.com has embedded the google map at the end of the article.
Facilities that exist in Penelokan area also has been very adequate. If you are in the main spot just behind Batur Global Geopark Museum Kintamani, you will find a crowded place with merchants and tourists. This is where you can see and enjoy Kintamani's natural beauty.
Near the main place, there are restaurants that you can use to enjoy the natural beauty of Kintamani. In addition to the restaurant, there is also a hotel that you can choose according to your wishes.
If you want to know about the history of Mount Batur, then you can visit Batur Global Geopark Museum. In this museum, you can learn a lot about nature Kintamani especially related to Geopark. Or you want to buy a typical souvenir Kintamani? So, you can buy it in the line of shops near the main spot, or buy directly with merchants who sell in the main spot.
Other Destinations in Kintamani and SurroundingsIf you visit the Penelokan village, there are several destinations you can visit or you pass, including:
- Penglipuran Traditional Village (a unique and beautiful traditional Balinese village),
- Toya Devasya (natural hot spring located near Lake Batur),
- Trunyan Village (Village in Kintamani with its funeral uniqueness),
- Ulun Danu Batur Temple (one of the largest temples in Bali),
- Bukit Cinta Pinggan (the place to see the sunrise, where prewedding photo session, camping area, and enjoy the scenery of Kintamani countryside),
- Kintamani Pine Forest (where photo prewedding sessions and enjoy the beauty of the pine forest).